Thursday, July 24, 2008

We LOVE Wheeler Farm!

Okay, so it might just be me that loves Wheeler Farm... but I take my kids (and usually some cousins & friends) every time we visit Salt Lake... rain or shine. My Grandma lived off of Vine Street nearby and my mom grew up with the Wheeler kids. She even has pictures of Mr. Wheeler pulling she and my aunts and uncle on a sleigh behind a horse!

Wheeler Farm has always intrigued me. I love it! It's beautiful! The grounds surrounding are shady and green, the small creek is cool and refreshing, the animals are well taken care of and the heritage of the farm fascinates me! Bringing life back to the basics! George and I talk all the time about being able to own and live on a farm... it's one of my wildest dreams! George has always loved that idea, and I think we could easily recruit Ruby. However, Rich and Lulu, we may have a hard time convincing! I can't remember Rich ever visiting or wanting to visit the farm with us and Lulu's eyes start to itch, and she starts to complain within the first few minutes... City folk!

5 comments:

Laci said...

Nik-you make Vegas seem so boring with your abundance of SLC posts!! Like you just sit at home in henderson and stare at the walls! haha It's been sooooo fun to know what you've been up to. Keep it up!! Missin' you guys!!

Ali said...

We were just talking about Wheeler Farm the other day and wondering if you had gotten around to visiting yet this summer.

Lindsay Griffeth said...

How FUN! I love that you're going to all of these great places in good ol' SLC. And I'm enjoying your frequent posts. :)

Colette said...

I grew up visiting Wheeler Farm too! That is too funny! So glad you guys are home!

allyson said...

We have 6 acres for sales in Washington just waiting for you.

I'm glad you found my blog. I had no idea the blogging world existed.

You articulate well. So fun to see what you've been up to.
Allyson

Las Vegas Kids Marathon

Las Vegas Kids Marathon