Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Summer Review

It has taken over a month to get back into the swing of things here at home! Life is so much more overwhelming when I'm cleaning our home, cooking our meals and watching our kids! In Salt Lake, everyone spoiled us! I didn't lift a finger for a whole month! It was fan-tab-u-lous! Anyway... we are back now, both physically and mentally! School is about to begin and I thought we needed to update some of our non-Salt Lake memories, so here is our late- summer review!







Big Rock Candy Mountain, a childhood fav of mine, may have been a bust! Everyone, including Rich, kept asking me, "Where is it?"







Snow Cone Sale with the Avery's at 7:00 pm - any earlier was just too hot! (George coerced Lu and Ru to be the "entertainment")










Our Bougainvilleas! Just because they are wonderful! And my daily reminder that beautiful things can survive in the desert! ;)










A stay-cation spent at Mandalay Bay Hotel! The kids (and Mom) loved sipping faux-margaritas by the pool.






The Boys of Summer - Carson, Evan, Chase, Jakob, Kyle, Greyson and Geo! George's All-Boy Birthday Bash!

7 comments:

Laci said...

What darling pics Nik!! Glad you guys are back in action. Sometimes it just takes forever to accept reality huh!? Hope the kids had a great 1st day of school!! Love to all---Laci and all

Ali said...

Who are those scraggly haired children? The Butler kids I know have fantabulous new hairdos....

HammondFam said...

Hey lady, how are you? It looks like you guys had an awesome stay-cation in Utah!! I can't believe how BIG Ruby is?!! I swear, your kids are just so darn cute!!

We need to get together sometime soon...we miss you guys. We need to have a BBQ and just let the kids run around while we chat it up! Of course, we will have to wait until the weather has settled down. I am just so OVER the heat...it's killing me! Meanwhile, maybe we can get together for lunch?! Let me know when you are available.

awindowsillview said...

I love your blog...you have the cutest family and your girls are just beautiful(they take after you). After going to dinner with you and Kim I really felt like I could do this. So I'm now a blogger. awindowsillview.blogspot.com Steph

awindowsillview said...

I love your blog...you have the cutest family and your girls are just beautiful(they take after you). After going to dinner with you and Kim I really felt like I could do this. So I'm now a blogger. awindowsillview.blogspot.com Steph

Meridy said...

Hey Nicci! I found your blog on Nicole's. Ours is www.merinate.blogspot.com

Isn't nice to be spoiled by family?? I'm glad that you such a great month!

Meridy said...

Hey, sorry I spelt your name wrong there, Nikki. :) It has it with two c's in the ward directory. I was going to double check before I posted and then I forgot....

Las Vegas Kids Marathon

Las Vegas Kids Marathon