Monday, February 1, 2010

A Day In The Life Of Ruby-Roo!

Ruby is getting to be such a big girl! She has grown so much faster than George and Lulu seemed to at 3! She finally said, "I want a big bed like the kids, mom!" In all of our moves, we haven't had to take the crib down. I love our crib and nursery! I loved picking it out when we were expecting George. I loved picking out new bedding to match each kids personality as they were welcomed home! When we brought Lu home, 2 1/2 year old George looked so small in his big-boy bed. Then when Lu was 4 and Rubes was soon to arrive, we had to push her out of her affectionately named "cribby-bye". Lu got a whole new room and a beautiful new big-girl bed to entice her out! Well, Rubes will be 4 in March and I just don't have the heart to take the crib down. So here is Rubes with her converted crib or as she likes to call it her "brand-new-big-girl-bed"! That first night she asked if George and Lu could have a sleep over in her "new" bed...







Ruby is very busy these days with preschool, ballet (she even preformed in her very first dance recital for the holidays!) and constant, elaborate and very messy arts & crafts at the kitchen table. Anyone who has received a wrapped gift from Rubes can vouch for her creativity and generosity! On different occasions she has carefully wrapped my kitchen scissors, tape dispenser and cooking utensils, then gave them as gifts!

Some of Ruby's favorite things
PAPA, Winston, baking & cooking, anything Lulu is doing, her babies, her animals, playing on nickjr.com or pbskids.com (she has mastered the mouse!), "homework", watching cooking demonstrations on the computer and just trying to keep up!

7 comments:

Sarah and Cory Smith said...

So nice to have an update from you guys. We miss you. I was just thinking that we haven't seen an update from you in quite some time. Miss Ruby is adorable. Glad that she has her very own big girl bed now.

HammondFam said...

Rubes is an absolute doll!! I loved the little sneak peak into her life! Thanks for sharing!

P.S. We really need to get together for lunch! Call me! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laci said...

Ruby is just the cutest! I can't believe she is going to be 4!!! But, then again, my baby is going to be FIVE in March!! It just goes too fast. We LOVED Lu's baptism invitation....she is beautiful. Excited to see you this weekend!! :)

Ali said...

Ode to Ruby...

How we three girls love thee, we couldn't even begin to count the ways.

But if she wants to whip some dinner up at my place after watching all those computer screen cooking videos, I'll definitely add it to the list!

Ali, Abbie & Daisy

Kelly(M&M) said...

Hey Nikki! I don't know if you remember me from Oregon, but we ran Hood to Coast together. I found your link on Cammy's blog. So fun to go through your family's pictures! Ruby sounds a lot like my Emily, who is 5. (Especially the presents part- you never know what you are going to get in an envelope from Emily!)

Lisa Cannon said...

Your little Ruby is a doll! I feel your pain. My baby is 9 months and he's our last. It's hard all of his firsts are all of my lasts :(

Glad you guys are doing well!

Las Vegas Kids Marathon

Las Vegas Kids Marathon