Sunday, July 12, 2009

This Really Is The Place!

Okay, so I found a new favorite spot in SLC!
This is the Place Monument
So much fun! We did a full Cousin/Dee/Aunt/Grandma day! Everyone showed up in shifts! All lightweights! Of course, Sam and I are die-hards and spent the whole, dusty, 100 degree day there! The kids had a blast! Activities mixed with a picnic, mixed with history, mixed with ice cream, mixed with a gift shop, mixed with a farm... these are a few of my favorite things! In talking to a pioneer volunteer, I found out you can dress like a pioneer and volunteer with your kids all day! The kids just get to run free throughout the little town streets and farm! The kids agreed it would be crazy-fun! Next summer we are so doing this... I just need to break the news to Rich!

Lu and George playing "pioneer kid games"!
Do
n't they look like naturals?














Rubes, George and Memphis (the only ones without aversions or allergies) rode ponies and fed the baby sheep with bottles of milk!
Rubes, of course
made fast friends and wanted to take one home!







George, Allie, Morgan and Lu
in front of the first
BYU building!

Another fun summer day!

4 comments:

Ali said...

Daisy will help take care of that sheep with Rubes. Maybe we could get a goat...a truly environmentally friendly way to cut the lawn!

Colette said...

No wonder you guys stayed so long, looks like you were having a ball! :)

Lisa Cannon said...

I guess I need to take my kids. We've never really been. We almost went a few weeks ago, but they decided on the zoo instead. Maybe now that it is cool we'll head there. Looks like they had fun!! Let me know when you go next year. I'd love to see you and your cute kids!

Rylee said...

hey nikki, email me at ryleehadlock@gmail.com and i'll send you an invite to my blog!!

Las Vegas Kids Marathon

Las Vegas Kids Marathon