Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A Vegas "Snow Day"?!



















It is Vegas and it is snowing! It has been over 6 years since I've been in my own home whilst it was snowing! And today... Snow! Sticking to the grass and the palms and the red tile roofs ... Snow! Here, it seems terribly out of place.

































Growing up in SLC, on the cozy snow days, my parents would bake. So because I'm a creature of habit, and it's snowy & cozy; I've been bakin' like crazy! I'm not brave enough to try my parent's traditional recipes like Head Cheese (Yuck!), Fruit Cake, Raisin Filled Cookies and English Toffee. Instead, we've made Peppermint Hot Fudge Cake, Gingerbread Men, Parmesan Rolls and Chocolate Birthday Cake (for George's Teacher). Licorice Carmel's are planned for tomorrow! So stop by... we always have plenty for friends!

5 comments:

awindowsillview said...

Nik...I wished we lived close enough to just come over. I would love your recipe for the peppermint hot fudge cake...my email is stephsill24@msn.com...that sounds so yummy! I cannot believe you have snow - your pic of the pool with the snow all around is beautiful. How fun for your kids. Love ya, Steph

Meridy said...

Sounds yummy!

Michelle said...

So crazy but a real treat to have a "snow day". Thanks for letting Tryce borrow some gloves. I knew you would be baking. Enjoy your Christmas in SLC.

Lisa Cannon said...

That was so crazy that it snowed there! I can't believe how much snow we have received so far this year. I also can't believe your parents make Head Cheese!

I hope you guys had a merry Christmas!!!

Team Smith said...

Miss you so much. Mike and I think about our great friend Niki Butler and wish she was still an Oregonian! We have had three weeks off of school because of the snow. I have never eaten so many cookies in my life! We gave Mike a Blog for Christmas. We are not at your level but we are trying.
withoutdadwearelost.blogspot.com

Las Vegas Kids Marathon

Las Vegas Kids Marathon